Privacy and Confidentiality
Data that we collect
We may collect various pieces of information if you seek to place an order for a product with us on the Site. We collect, store and process your data for processing your purchase on the Site and any possible later claims, and to provide you with our services. We may collect personal information including, but not limited to, your title, name, gender, date of birth, email address, postal address, delivery address (if different), telephone number, mobile number, fax number, payment details, payment card details or bank account details. We will use the information you provide to enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through our website and which you request. Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from our website; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customize them for users; identify visitors on our website; carry out research on our users’ demographics; send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes. Subject to obtaining your consent we may contact you by email with details of other products and services. If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. We may pass your name and address on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier). Payments that are made through the Site will be processed by our relevant agent. You must only submit to us or our Agent or the Site information that is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes. Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons cannot be retrieved directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Site. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those that are open and those that are shortly to be dispatched and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
Other uses of your personal information
We may use your personal information for opinion and market research. Your details are anonymous and will only be used for statistical purposes. You can choose to opt out of this at any time. Any answers to surveys or opinion polls we may ask you to complete will not be forwarded on to third parties. Disclosing your email address is only necessary if you would like to take part in competitions. We save the answers to our surveys separately from your email address. We may also send you other information about us, the Site, our other websites, our products, sales promotions, our newsletters, anything relating to other companies in our group or our business partners. If you would prefer not to receive any of this additional information as detailed in this paragraph (or any part of it) please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email that we send to you. Within 7 working days (days which are neither (i) a Saturday nor Sunday, nor (ii) a public holiday on the respective country) of receipt of your instruction we will cease to send you information as requested. If your instruction is unclear we will contact you for clarification. We may further anonymize data about users of the Site generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of the users and usage of certain aspects of the Site or a link contained in an email to those registered to receive them, and supplying that anonymized data to third parties such as publishers. However, that anonymized data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may also share your personal information:
1. Third parties to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. These third parties will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
2. Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and customer support).
3. Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
4. Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other Memorial.ph user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and User ID history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and bidding and listing history or anything else that we deem relevant.
5. Other agencies in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate, either under confidentiality agreement or as required by law. In such circumstances, we may disclose name, street address, city, county, postcode, country, phone number, email address and company name.
Third Parties and Links
If you are concerned about your data you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.